With Easter chocolate scoffing now coming to an end, it’s time to get serious about our summer bodies and health once again. We have put together some easy food swaps that will help you obtain a healthier lifestyle.
- Use Grated Apple instead of Sugar on your cereal, yoghurt or porridge. We are only so aware of the dangers of having too much sugar in your diet (see our work with SugarSmart earlier this year), and this is a great way of consuming natural sugar vs refined!
- Have Fresh Fruit instead of Fruit Juice. Did you know that Fruit Juice is only one portion of your 5 a day, regardless of how many glasses you slurp up in a day! Fresh Fruit also contains all it’s nutrients, before it is skinned and pulverised!
- Eat Wholegrain. We are big believers in wholegrain bread, using it for the majority of our sandwiches! Not only do they keep you feeling full for longer, they also contain less starch meaning their energy is slow releasing…sounds good to us!
- Swap Crisps for Popcorn. Air-popped corn has fewer calories and fat, and has more fibre per serving keeping you feeling full. However stay away from toffee and sweet varieties, as delicious as they are
- Try a Salad. This may seem obvious, but nowadays salads do not need to be just lettuce and tomato. Stack your’s full of protein and yumminess! We have a great range of salads appealing to all tastes so be sure to head over to Salads menu after reading this…
So there we have it, 5 simple changes we can all make for a healthier body, and don’t forget we have a great selection of healthier eats if you are in a rush!