! You are viewing this site on an outdated browser. Upgrade now to view this site correctly.
JOB TITLE DELIVERY DRIVER
Monday – Friday – Average 40 hours per week
Start times vary from around 4am
Plus 1 in 3 Saturdays.
£8.05 Per Hour
ACCOUTABLE TO TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR / OPERATIONS MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE To ensure that daily deliveries are made to customer’s as per specified route, within time scales set.
SPECIFIC This job role is seen as the ‘eyes and ears’ of the company. The drivers are the only daily representatives to our customers, an excellent demeanour is essential. Feedback from our drivers is very important.
SPECIAL NOTES This is a re-warding job for any hard working person, who is able to take instruction, work to tight time scales and be an excellent time keeper.
JOB FUNCTIONS Loading and unloading delivery vehicle ; driving a delivery vehicle as instructed on delivery routes assigned by the transport manager ; merchandising to customers and reporting stock levels from customers and organising sales to customers, liaising with the transport manager with feedback from customers, collecting cash/cheques from customers ; ensuring delivery vehicle is kept in a hygienic condition (that it is clean and fit for use), all defects to the van are reported and company documentation is completed on time. This may from time to time include additional deliveries to be made when returning to the office.
• Co-operate and works well with others throughout the company, in the pursuit of team goals, sharing information and supporting others.
• Enjoy working with the general public.
• Good team player
• Able to multi-task and carry out various functions throughout the day
• Constantly mindful of ethical standards both personally and professionally, showing integrity and is reliable and trustworthy.
• Previous experience of driving a Transit / Sprinter would be an advantage
• Prior knowledge of route would be an advantage but is not essential
Real Wrap Co actively encourages staff to progress through its formal training plan, this enables the individual to gain personnel skills and advancement through a set of modules at their own pace. Each module passed moves the individual to the next training level and a pay increase; this can be done as fast or as slow as the member of staff wants it to be.